How to prepare for Commercial Water Damage
Protect your commercial property.
When anyone own a business, you have a bit of pressure on your shoulders to protect your personal assets as well as the assets and information of your clients. Here are some ways that SERVPRO of Atascadero suggest to protect yourself from a commercial water damage on your property.
- Backup Computers – the most necessary thing you can do!
- File Paperwork – sometimes computers aren’t reliable and having paper backups can save you in case computers can’t be saved.
- Ventilation – this can help with microbial growth problems later on after a water damage and keeps your office air dry.
There isn’t a guarantee that you will always be safe from water damage but if you are prepared it can make the headache a lot easier. When it’s time always call SERVPRO of Atascadero, we understand that you need to get back into business quick and we will work with you to make that happen. Keeping not only you but your customers satisfied!
So give us a call at (805)541-1271.
How SERVPRO helps when a storm hits
SERVPRO of Atascadero specializes in storm and flood damage restoration throughout the north part of the Central Coast. Our technicians are highly trained and they use specialized equipment in order to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Which will bring a sense of relief knowing that we are able to do that to your property.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. We are available 24/7 in order to help you out.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When Storms hit weather you we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams are strategically located throughout the United States.
Steps to prevent a rainstorm from creating a extensive damage to your property.
Keep up with the maintenance of your property.
- Increase grade around your property: The dirt around the home should be sloped away from the house to divert water away. Very simply, borrow dirt from three feet away from the structure, and toss it against the side of the house thus creating a slope.
- Rain Gutters: Schedule a licensed professional to clean gutters annually. A clogged rain gutter can send water cascading down the exterior wall, which can result in water entering the interior walls.
- Rerouting down spouts: In a quick run to the local hardware store, homeowners can find a black, plastic corrugated 6-inch hose that fits around the base of the downspout. This device carries water away from the house, preventing it from seeping down into the foundation.
- Maintain you roof: Where rain is concerned, the roof is the first line of defense. One small tear in a rubber membrane or crack in a tin roof, or compromise in the plywood structure of the roof can prove disastrous for the entire interior of the home. But regular maintenance can preserve the life of the roof. Have a roofer check out your home every five years.
- Repair damaged windows: Proper window installation and maintenance is imperative. Modern windows are fitted with wells and drains designed to help direct water outside the house. Improper caulking can prove disastrous by sending water into the house that should be draining away from the window.
- Clean any debris: Especially during spring and fall seasons, when leaves start to fall, it is critical to diligently sweep outdoor surfaces weekly, especially patios and door wells to prevent the collection of debris clogging exterior drains.
Differences in thunderstorms
Thunderstorms are considered severe if it produces hail at least 1 inch in diameter or has wind gusts of at least 58 miles per hour. Every thunderstorm produces lightning, which has more fatalities each year than tornadoes or hurricanes. Heavy rain from thunderstorms can cause flash flooding, and high winds can damage homes and blow down trees and utility poles, causing widespread power outages.
Know the Difference
Thunderstorm Watch - Severe thunderstorms are possible in and near the watch area. Stay informed and be ready to act if a severe thunderstorm warning is issued.
Thunderstorm Warning - Severe weather has been reported by spotters or indicated by radar. Warnings indicate imminent danger to life and property.
Every year people are killed or seriously injured by severe thunderstorms despite any advance warning. While some did not hear the warning, others heard the warning and did not pay attention to it. Keep yourself informed and with the useful information in this section, combined with timely watches and warnings about severe weather, may be able to help you.
SERVPRO of Atascadero believes in giving our customers the best service and professionalism.
SERVPRO of Atascadero is always here to help.
Ongoing training allow us to hold the highly respected Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in Fire and Water Damage Restoration.
SERVPRO of Atascadero also offers popular continuing education courses designed to educate, entertain and inform insurance producers, agents and adjusters in the latest trends and state-of-the-art best practices of fire, water and mold damage repair and restoration incidents experienced by their property casualty claims customers.
Because we are a SERVPRO franchise our ability to scale people, equipment and resources is exceptional in the Central Coast. From a leaking toilet in a home to commercial large loss disasters we can quickly scale the scope and volume of resource requirements. Our ability to produce desired recovery results for our customers includes:
- The prompt handling of insurance claims through the SERVPRO National Call Center.
- Job process and best practices accountability from the first moment a customer picks up the phone and calls us to the finished dry, clean and restored property.
- Documentation requirements for every detail of a job – from start to finish.
- We serve insurance adjusters and their clients.
Reasons why families in our community trust SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of Atascadero
The Central Coast can bring many different weather conditions producing fire, flooding, and mold on top of unexpected incidents that can take place. When these events happen to your home, the anxiety and stress about the damaged conditions can last much longer. Our trustworthy and highly trained SERVPRO technicians use their training help make your recovery from tragedies, stress free and organized. We understand that safety and communication with your family is key, and it is maintained throughout the entirety of the restoration and recovery process.
Our business staffing model is extremely strict and selective through the background evaluation and training process. We always look at every situation as if we personally are going through the disaster. Our goal is to make sure all customers have a seamless, stress-free experience when disaster strikes.
Let our team of professional’s help eliminate concerns when it comes to navigating your insurance claims with agents and adjusters. SERVPRO’s experts can guide your family in the right direction with both the work we complete and the outside professionals that we network with such as, framers, plumbers and electricians.
How can SERVPRO help you with Insurance and Emergencies?
Homeowners under stress
Disasters happen when you least expect it and when it does happen chances are you already have so much going on. There’s a good chance you may be overwhelmed with stress from damages and trying to figure out how to get the repairs going.
On top of it all, now you need to contact your insurance and see if these damages will be covered or not.
When a homeowner or property owner experience a disaster please call SERVPRO of Atascadero, the longer you wait to call professionals for disaster relief clean up the more secondary damages can begin to form.
- Parties that are insured have the right to choose any contractor or mitigation specialist, not just the one the insurance company suggests. Many people think that the only choice they have is the one company the insurance provider refers to. However, that is not true. The Insured ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.
- We will be in direct contact with the adjuster for approvals and updates, so you don’t have to.
- We also can schedule any necessary testing, abatement, storage pod, and dumpster deliveries.
- Not all people realize how important it is to stay in contact with their adjuster throughout the mitigation process. Your adjuster should be able to give you the information about how the claim process works if you have a deductible and how the payment process works.
Redefining mold, fire, and water restoration at SERVPRO of Atascadero
Our SERVPRO technicians are professionally trained and certified in Fire and Water Restoration, Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Mold Removal, Biohazard, Trauma and Crime Scene Clean Up. Also, as one of the nation's leading providers of restoration services, SERVPRO has developed the most extensive performance guidelines in the industry. As a California SERVPRO Franchise we adhere to over twenty different guidelines to receive insurance client referrals from the likes of Farmers, State Farm, AllState, USAA, and dozens of others. From insurance to background checks on employees, each requirement is maintained continually to help ensure our customers get the best possible service.
Transparent Job Documentation and Customer Communication
When you first contact SERVPRO of Atascadero your referral gets tracked and reported at each step of the work process. We follow IICRC fire, water, mold and standardized restoration industry cleaning procedures. Our SERVPRO water drying workbook provides complete industry standard validation. The “DryBook” as we call it is a trackable and transparent documentation pipeline so our customers can stay informed on daily job progress and status reports. Proper equipment utilization and drying validation is a part of every job file when you call 805-541-1271 and use us as your vendor of choice. From the first notice of loss, the cause of the claim, to response times and ongoing job status details.
Trust SERVPRO of Atascadero to do the job right. The results from our years of experience helping home and commercial business owners effectively and quickly. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide answers and peace of mind.
It is very important to Mitigate the damages done by a fire.
SERVPRO of Atascadero can help restore you property.
When you experience a fire in your property, it can devastate members of the home and be emotionally distressing. The most important step when there is a fire is to ensure all members of the home are safe.The stresses of accounting for the valuables and keepsakes that are irreplaceable come to mind. The last thing one thinks about is what steps are next.
Once everyone is outside the home and the fire is extinguished, contact us. Our staff is available 24/7. We will arrive on the scene quickly to assess damages and get to work right away. We even work with your insurance, saving you steps. Right now is a time for you to worry about other things.
Putting off mitigation and restoration can be a very bad idea. The longer soot residues remain in the home and on materials within the home the harder it will be to remove. Not only can the soot be hard to remove, but it can also carry further through the house and the leftover smoke is not healthy for you or your family.
If you experience a fire catastrophe, contact our team. Call 805-541-1271.
Choosing SERVPRO of Atascadero is the right choice to make
SERVPRO "Like it never even happened."
There are so many different companies that provide cleaning, mitigation, and restoration services on a professional level. An unexpected water or fire disaster takes place and it is unclear who to call in your dire need of help. It is hard to decide which company will help you, what company can take on the task of completing the task from inspection to completion?
- Now SERVPRO has over 1700 franchises nationwide. If the job is too big for one franchise, multiple franchises will come together quickly to address the emergency. Not many companies have this option.
- SERVPRO of Atascadero is locally owned by Joe and Karen Powers. This location was opened over 30 years ago and operates with over 20 employees and has a wide range of vehicle types and equipment types to work in the field effectively.
- We will work directly with your insurance company to ensure the work completed is covered. If it is not covered by your insurance company, we will let you know pricing and what to expect next.
- Our technicians are highly professional and trained. They will work quickly and efficiently.
- Let SERVPRO of Atascadero's testimonials speak for themselves.
Gives SERVPRO of Atascadero a call at 805-541-1271.